Jafar pays a visit to the Asylum and Dr. Lydgate to uncover information about Alice, while in Wonderland, Alice heads to the Black Forest on her quest. Meanwhile, the Knave is awakened by magic with the help of an unlikely ally and he goes in search of Alice only to find her in terrible danger, and Cyrus does his best to evade the Red Queen. In flashback, Alice returns to Victorian England and her father after losing Cyrus.
- The title card features the Boro Grove's flowery trees.
- Kylie Rogers' hair was dyed brown for her role as Millie.
- Kerry van der Griend, who plays Thief #1, also plays the Peasant in the Once Upon a Time episode "Labor of Love".
- Hesham Hammoud, who plays Ghazi, also plays the Crewman in the Once Upon a Time episode "Page 23".
- The Victorian England flashbacks occur after Alice's second journey to Wonderland and before her escape from the Asylum in "Down the Rabbit Hole".
- The present day Victorian England events take place after "Down the Rabbit Hole" and before "Bad Blood".
- The Wonderland events occur after "Heart of Stone" and before "Bad Blood". (For more details, see the Wonderland timeline)
Fairytales and Folklore
- This episode is a rendition of the Alice in Wonderland story, focusing on Alice's return from Wonderland.
- Also featured are the Carpenter, Tweedledee, Tweedledum and the Red Queen from the story's sequel as well as the genie, the sorcerer and the Sultan from Aladdin story.
- One of the signs on the road leading to the Black Forest reads as, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter". This is a reference to Inferno, the first part of Dante Alighieri's epic poem Divine Comedy. In the poem, Dante passes through the gate of Hell, which bears an inscription ending with the famous phrase:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of Power divine,
Supremest Wisdom, and primeval Love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here."
- When Alice is looking through the keyhole, there is a close-up of her eye, a recurring theme on Lost.
451/2 [sic] GRAINS OPIUM AND 65% ALCOHOL
3 months old 3 drops
One year old 4 drops
Four years old 5 drops
Ten years old 14 drops
Twenty years old 25 drops
Adults 30 drops
- In Edwin's home, there's a painting of a ship, which can also be seen in Granny's Bed and Breakfast in the Once Upon a Time episodes "The Thing You Love Most" and "The Price of Gold". It can also be seen behind the bar at Æsop's Tables in "A Wondrous Place", but with a different frame.
|French||"Qui est Alice ?"||"Who is Alice?"|
|German||"Nicht jeder findet, was er sucht"||"Not Everyone Finds What They Are Looking For"|
|Italian||"Chi è Alice?"||"Who is Alice?"|