FANDOM


  • Personally, I always felt Red's backstory, Cora's, Regina adopting Henry, Rumbelle, and of course the whole Rumple/Bae storylines have been the strongest throughout the series. They were all gritty, had twists and turns, dark, and still showed what defines love and what makes the characters who they are. What are your guys' favorite stories throughout the series? Like Hook's, Snowing's, etc.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Stories? So, not plot points (given that that's pretty vague). Otherwise, I'd be forced to say "A vial of magic".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree about Red's, Cora's and Rumbelle. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Baelfire. That is all

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For me, this is no contest. The single best story is Hook's, and I'm not even sure which one I like more - his past as a vengeful pirate or his present day storyline of changing his former ways out of his love for Emma. I love both.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • MBrody wrote:
      For me, this is no contest. The single best story is Hook's, and I'm not even sure which one I like more - his past as a vengeful pirate or his present day storyline of changing his former ways out of his love for Emma. I love both.

      That's one of my favorites too. I also love Emma's story and their story as a couple.  Snowing's story I love as well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think for me, it has to be Regina's story. her descent into darkness, and then her climb back. It does kinda help that her story is more detailed than some of the other stories.  Next would be, I think, David's story, from growing up as a shephard to learning to fight to becoming the knight and king that he was right before the DC.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Emillian Swanones wrote:
      MBrody wrote:
      For me, this is no contest. The single best story is Hook's, and I'm not even sure which one I like more - his past as a vengeful pirate or his present day storyline of changing his former ways out of his love for Emma. I love both.
      That's one of my favorites too. I also love Emma's story and their story as a couple.  Snowing's story I love as well.

      Emma and Snowing's stories would probably be up there with me, as well. Perhaps tied with Regina's story. I can't tell; I love all three pretty equally. The only thing I'm sure about is that Hook's story is number one, tied at times with Emma's.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • MBrody wrote:
      Emillian Swanones wrote:
      MBrody wrote:
      For me, this is no contest. The single best story is Hook's, and I'm not even sure which one I like more - his past as a vengeful pirate or his present day storyline of changing his former ways out of his love for Emma. I love both.
      That's one of my favorites too. I also love Emma's story and their story as a couple.  Snowing's story I love as well.
      Emma and Snowing's stories would probably be up there with me, as well. Perhaps tied with Regina's story. I can't tell; I love all three pretty equally. The only thing I'm sure about is that Hook's story is number one, tied at times with Emma's.

      I also like Regina's story.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The most well-executed large storylines in OUaT have been, in no particular order, Emma's acceptance of herself and family; Regina's ascension, downfall, and redemption; and Rumpelstiltskin's tale of twisted love. Smaller storylines that were just as brilliantly written and performed are Cora's tale, Henry's flourishing into adulthood, Aurora's character growth, Pan's dark plan, the Snow Queen's tale, and Cruella's surprising backstory.

      However, OUaT is my guilty pleasure show, and the storyline I enjoy the most and am most invested in is Zelena's redemption. Rebecca Mader is wonderful, but thre's only so much she can do with the limited material she is given.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Being sincere, the best story well written and executed was Baelfire's. 

      That is why I was so pissed when they kill him off. He had the best development.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think all the stories have been pretty good. I especially enjoy seeing how they take various traditional stories and twist them on the show. I think they have come up with some really clever takes on the various stories over the years.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Same here. My favorited twisted adaptions are: Snow White, Rumplestiltskin, Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz, and the King Arthur mythos. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I do love the big stories that they twisted. All the OUAT takes on the classic fairytales are brilliant.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm a fan of most of their earlier story interpretations (S1-3, not so much S4+ since they've been more like Disney ripoffs), but I think my favorite would have to be their version of Snow White and the Evil Queen. I just think they did a good job spreading the story out and developing Snow and Regina fairly well. The story has always been pretty good, but Season 1 especially did a great job telling their tale.

      I also love Rumbelle 1x12, of course, but only for that single episode. I don't appreciate all of the later flashbacks cutting into their time together; I just think "Skin Deep" was a perfect story on its own. :/ That said, I accept the later flashbacks since it means Belle and Rumple receive focus in the present day plot. :P

      Other stories I've particularly enjoyed are Red Riding Hood, Rumplestiltskin (with Baelfire, with Hook/Milah, and with Cora), and the Wonderland mythology we received in both the main show and the spinoff.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message