FANDOM


  • i think it would be nice to just be able to see all the types of magic all the characters used

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am okay with either having or not having this section. *If* this is done, I think it should be a bullet list with the shortest sentences possible, for example, in Cryus' page something like:

      Powers and Magical Abilities

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm unsure if I want to agree or not. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That could be good. Another idea could be adding a subdivision of the aforementioned section, explaining or listing the abilities seen. For example...

      Th Evil Queen -Witchcraft (since Pilot)

       -telekinesis (first seen in Pilot)
       -teleportation (first seen in Pilot)
       -Transfiguring (first seen 102)
       -fireball (first seen in 102)
       -curse casting (first seen in 102)
       -mirror projection (first seen in 107)
       -enchanted heart (removal) (first seen in 107)
       -plant manipulation (first seen in 109)
       -immobilization (first seen in 205)
       -enchanting (first seen 209)
       -magic portal (hat) (first seen 209)
       -magical choking (first seen 302)
       -disarming spells (first seen 313)
       -enchanted heart splitting (first seen 319)
      

      And so on. Just a suggestion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think it's a little tedious to literally list every spell/magic type usage we have seen a character use. If we do add this section, I prefer Kilian's shortened list example of simply putting down the general magic type capabilities of a character, such as just the word "Witchcraft". 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Then maybe adding all examples of magical abilities under the section on the magic page, perhaps. If we were to do it at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • but in kilians version we dont get exactly what magic the user is using is or how strong the user is. example:

      zelena was able to put a  fireball regina had made out before regina could even throw it. i never seen anyone else do that on the show. so that should be listed she could do that as well and

      blue was able to take tinkerbell wings and magic she most likely only could because she was the head of faries and that should be listed.

      some people have the same type of magic but can do things no one else has done another example would be elsa if she is a witch she would be the first to control ice.

      maybe you could cut it down to just listing the powers they used and saying spellcasting or what ever type of magic they use.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't really know... I think I disagree with this kind of section, I don't really see the point to do this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • there is a page about magic already but it doesnt list all the powers used like budloopy did. maybe if a list could be made for every type of power used in each magic category. then just put the names of each person that used that power by it. and put a link to the page on every magic users page.

      also i think its important for the power section or list because of the same reason as the family tree and trivia. for example with zelena we don't really need to know who regina's father is since he isn't zelena's father.all we need to know is the cora and jonathan is her parents, the miller is her grandfather, and regina is her sister. but henry is added for detail. just like we don't need to know what her name means in old greek but it's in the trivia because it adds detail.

      another reason i think its important is my past experiences. two of my fav shows are charmed and true blood. however i only started watching charmed when it only aired re-runs and true blood in season 4. so i was kinda lost as in what could every magical spicies do. luckily i could look up the characters on the shows wiki and see there powers and what the could do. people that are in the same boat as i was don't have that for this show or the wonderland show. i think that would be the main point for me.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And a very good point it is, however with this show, the specifics of magic partaining to species is very general, which is why although I'm not too fond of the idea, I'd vouch for Killian's suggestion. Keeping track of every spell any character has ever done seems a bit tedious. I'm not too sure about the magic strength comparison either.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the broad categories would be fine, as it may be useful to note what characters do or don't use magic. Everyone we've seen using magic (except Emma, maybe, but she's a novice) seem to have a broad range of powers, and listing all them sounds... massive XD. But maybe noting that a character can/has used light or dark magic? Maybe a few other broad categories?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'd rather we did not do the magic strength comparison. How can we as an audience properly judge a magic user's magical strength? It wouldn't be accurate because there would be a lot of debate and guess work about what deems someone powerful. I still vouch for the powers section as a general list as what Killian proposed and nothing more. No listing spells, which would make the powers section ever-growing and larger than it should be.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      I'd rather we did not do the magic strength comparison. How can we as an audience properly judge a magic user's magical strength? It wouldn't be accurate because there would be a lot of debate and guess work about what deems someone powerful. I still vouch for the powers section as a general list as what Killian proposed and nothing more. No listing spells, which would make the powers section ever-growing and larger than it should be.

      i agree with you about the spell list and strength comparision. i think casting spells should come to everyones mind when witchcraft is put on someone page. what am i saying is for example regina

      telekinesis,teleportation, shape shifting(self and others) ,immobilization, fire balls and earth manipulation, and heart ripping(i dont know if i got them all). thats it i agree with everyone else that listing every spell cast by every magic user is lot. i just suggesting the powers like the one listed above. because no one else has caused an earthquake so to just put witchcraft might kinda give people the impression that every witchcraft user can use all the abilities all the other can which is not the case. the same will go far all the faries example it will be assumed that all dark faires can use the same powers but it would seem that the dark fairy was more then just a dark fairy.


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • i dont mean to sound rude but killians idea is kinda a waste of time because the info given in his idea is already given in the character history plus.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edt997 wrote:
      i dont mean to sound rude but killians idea is kinda a waste of time because the info given in his idea is already given in the character history plus.

      Well, Killian's idea sure sounds like your original one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Edt997 wrote:
      i dont mean to sound rude but killians idea is kinda a waste of time because the info given in his idea is already given in the character history plus.
      Well, Killian's idea sure sounds like your original one.

      i wasn't aware i changed ideas. the whole reason i posted this because i wanted a list of exactly what the magic users could do. sorry if i confused you. and if that was my idea from the start i would have just agreed and not wasted the time posting.


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • "Exactly what the magic users could do" is kind of massive and tedious and a little useless, imo, as it appears that any magic user with any significant skill *can do just about anything*. And if your argument against Killian's suggestion is that "in's in the histories", well, so is "exactly what they can do" XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edt997 wrote: i dont mean to sound rude but killians idea is kinda a waste of time because the info given in his idea is already given in the character history plus.

      I think it's the most efficient thing to do. We could spend a lifetime arguing about how to call some powers or if they are such, etc. I think Witchcraft, Genie's Magic, Light Magic, etc. would be just fine, but no offense taken :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with putting a section like that in all magical characters, like Budloopy4's. I think it's interesting to know what kind of magic the characters are capable of performing. But if the majority of the community doesn't want it it's okay.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Killian's idea keeping the capability of magic more to a general term. It illustrates what kind of magic they can use. It's pointless to list every spell they use. Some spells they only intend to use ( e. g. The Curse of the Empty Hearted in Season 2 where Regina was desperate to get Henry's love even if she has to force him by providing him with a potion.)  and for others we don't even have a name. 

      Firstly, it would be too much work to do.

      And secondly, more importantly, I think, almost everyone who wields or wielded witchcraft in the show Once upon a time was taught by Rumple. You can only teach as much as you know yourself. I don't watch in Wonderland, so I only know Once.

      Rumple taught Cora, Zelena and Regina as well as giving some advice to Emma. Regina taught Emma as well. I'm not surprised that all of them use similiar spells.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      I am okay with either having or not having this section. *If* this is done, I think it should be a bullet list with the shortest sentences possible, for example, in Cryus' page something like:

      Powers and Magical Abilities


      I agree

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I also agree

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So what "kinds" of magic are we considering, then? What exactly do we want to be listing? I'd suggest the following:

      • Blood Magic - using one's familial blood to enchant something
      • Fairy Magic - using fairy dust
      • Potioncraft - making potions and curses, as this seems to require some magical skill
      • Witchcraft - this is kind of broad, but I'd include all the telekensis stuff here
      • Removing Hearts - we know this is a skilled thing

      I've left out some stuff from the Magic article, as a lot of that is "_____'s Magic", where the "____" is some kind of species or type of person (fairy, genie, siren, etc) as I don't think those kinds of things are really different magic styles. Frankly, this kind of makes me think we need to examine the Magic article too in this kind of way XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • There's light magic too. That could go for Regina, Emma, and Glinda.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah, like Utter said, blood magic, potioncraft, witchcraft and removing hearts; I don't know if we should use Fairy magic for both fairy and pixie dust or split in two, Fairy magic and Pixie magic. There's also Ground Poppy Dust, which put people to sleep, and magical items like Mulan sword, that can repel magic, so I think these should be counted in the magical abilities as well. Also light magic like Budloopy4 said.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I disagree with including using an enchanted item as using magic. Imo, if it's not coming from the person, it's not magic. It's the item. I don't think the poppy dust counts, either, but we might consider Mulan to be a potion maker for making it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay, but the people who "use" fairy magic just throw fairy dust at things. You don't need to be a fairy to use fairy magic. It's just an item too. Actually most people who "used" Fairy Magic aren't fairies (Snow, Gold/Rumple, Henry, Pan, Belle). I don't think it should be considered a type of magical ability.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, I know why you said it, it clicked after I sent the reply XD

      Using any type of dust is debatable. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh, okay XD

      Yeah, I guess.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Andrew Robbins wrote:
      Yeah, like Utter said, blood magic, potioncraft, witchcraft and removing hearts; I don't know if we should use Fairy magic for both fairy and pixie dust or split in two, Fairy magic and Pixie magic. There's also Ground Poppy Dust, which put people to sleep, and magical items like Mulan sword, that can repel magic, so I think these should be counted in the magical abilities as well. Also light magic like Budloopy4 said.


      Personally, I would exclude Mulan's sword and poppy dust. They're items. In my opinion, items like sword and plant rather have magic properties that propably are available to anyone who knows about them. People have abilities. Of course, knowledge is the first ability to have if you would like to handle the possibilities the items provide to you.

      It's an ability to wield a sword and some can do this better than others, but once you learned to wield wooden swords and are strong enough to hold a real one, anyone can do it. Henry could have wield Mulan's sword if he was strong enough to hold it. Compared to a normal sword there's no difference in handling a magical sword, I think. At least, I didn't see one. Stroking and parry are done the same way.

      That's why I would rather say, knowing how to  forge and forging a weapon that has magic abilitiies is a ability worthy to note. The task to produce it is the difficult part.  As  far as I know, the only one we know who can do this is  the mage Merlin. He forged Excalibur so he has the ability to produce magic weapons.


      Take Marco/Gespetto, the woodcutter, for example. He can carve wood nicely, he knows how to do it. But whether he uses magicial wood or natural wood is probably only important for the purpose. Using either wood he can carve a wardrobe twice, one to store clothes in, the other one to be a portal. The important thing is that Marco knows how to build a wardrobe. 

      Of course,  one might consider the possibility to add an ability section in general to other characters as well. Such as

      Wielding a sword for Hook and Charming for example or knowing how to use a bow for Snow and Robin Hood, handle a gun for Hook and Emma.



      ___

      Technically speaking poppy dust isn't magic. Or at least Regina doesn't see it that way. Tinker Bell had to use that to knock her out Regina concludes that she has no magic. (Quite a Common Fairy.)  Once, you know what it is, where to look (rather nature study than magic) and how to handle poppy dust you can use it.

      _____

      Pixie dust and fairy dust could be one in my opinion because the way I see it they're handled very similiar. The only difference is that pixie dust is - don't ask me, why - stronger than fairy dust.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Also adding dark magic to the list.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with adding it. It can better tell us about the characters and when they used their powers in what episodes

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with this section.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with this as well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I also agree, but ya'lls probably already knew that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree with the original post, or one of the later suggestions?

      Please, folks, read through the entire thread and tell us specifically :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Killian's suggestion, to be honest.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Killian but I was thinking something like:

      Magical Abilities

      • Witchcraft: Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis ... (appeared for the first time in "")
      • Genies Magic: Fulfil the desires (which appeared for the first time in "")
      • Magic of True Love: True Love's Kiss (which appeared for the first time in "")

      In this way you have a taste of what the magician can do while remaining a small section and in doing so you do not need to put in what episode used every spell individually.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ^^^I like this idea^^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like William's idea.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree with william's suggestion. Question: under "appeared for the first time in", we are writing in the first time it was seen in a particular episode that the magic user used that ability, right? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • My idea was that, but perhaps we should say "used for the first time in ()" and refers to the first time the wizard/witch use that kind of magic.

      I would also like to add:

      • Potioncraft:  (a list of potions or spells/curses created by the character.)
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree with William, this would be useful.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Please make this happen !!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I love it !!! I agree completely !!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Please do William's Idea. 

      Question: Is there a category for Magic Wielders/Users

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree. Let's do it

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Soooo...is this gonna happen or what. I'm not to sure what qualifies a consensus but it seems to be a popular idea!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Though it could be lengthy, I guess then the only issue would be the naming of stuff.

      Pyrokinesis vs Fire magic or Fireballs. I mean they really aren't the same thing.

      Cryokinisis and Ice magic is the same in Once and we know how ice makes up their magic, but the same isn't true about fire. It could be pyrokinesis but it seems to be limited pyrokinesis at best. Even, Mal has greater pyrokinesis then Regina.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think we should just use Witchcraft.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I suppose Pyrokinesis would suffice, I mean although Regina has mostly been seen throwing Fire Balls she's proven to be able to do more than that, in We Are Both Regina was seen staring at a candle trying to light it and she did, for a moment and, as such, I personally would consider Pyrokinesis to be an appropriate name

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm completely on board with adding the powers section, however, I find it difficult to know the proper term to describe certain magic techniques. Anyone know of a good magic powers glossary to look up magic terms? 

      Also, if let's say a character used witchcraft, but he/she used telekinesis for one episode, and then pyrokinesis for another, would the "appeared for the first time in" just list the first time the person had demonstrated use of witchcraft, regardless if he/she used telekinesis or pyrokinesis first on-screen? If a character made a curse or potion, should "appeared for the first time in" refer to the first time the potion/curse appeared on-screen or when it was known/seen that the character made the potion/curse?

      I tested out the new section on Maleficent's page. Anyone is free to add/correct if you feel there is more that should be added to the section. The subsections are in alphabetical order, which I think makes things look neater to read. Since I don't recall Maleficent stating in "The Thing You Love Most" that she made the sleeping curse, I added "Enter the Dragon" as the first episode it was seen as the first episode it was confirmed she is the maker of the Sleeping Curse. For the Witchcraft subsection, I decided to list "The Thing You Love Most" as the first episode this magic ability was seen in, despite that her use of various forms of Witchcraft all occured in different episodes, since "The Thing You Love Most" is the earliest episode she was seen using at least one type of Witchcraft. I had doubts about adding Staff absorption to Witchcraft, which she used in "Darkness on the Edge of Town", since she basically used the staff as a medium to to absorb flames (in order to get the dark curse). 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:

      I had doubts about adding Staff absorption to Witchcraft, which she used in "Darkness on the Edge of Town", since she basically used the staff as a medium to to absorb flames (in order to get the dark curse). 

      I think that's her own ability 

      If everyone could use the staff to do that, Rupmple would have taken it instead of asking her to join the team

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The staff thing is probably fire absorption.

      Using Maleficent as a perfect example. She shoots purple energy things at Chernabog. Is it simply her staff (which I think it is)? Is it the same sort of magic energy that Regina used when she faced Ghost Cora. Energy balls?

      Regina's a whole different ball game with the magic blasts: Green (trapped the shadow), Red (Fire spell), Bluish (To hold of Ghost Cora), Purple (when she broke the Dark Curse).

      Emma's is white for light magic (Which we can label as light magic, I assume.). Emma was a blast, and a pulse (The thing she used on the ice creatures and Cruella.) I doubt it's photokinesis. But she seems to have partial photo kinesis to make aurora borealis and fireworks, but that also could just be magic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A section which lists a person's magical abilities is a great idea. I've seen similar sections on other wikis, and I think they make the articles and the characters more interesting.

      So... Since most people seem to agree, does this mean that we can start adding this info to our articles now?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, please :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones
      Killian Jones removed this reply because:
      NVM.
      16:21, July 26, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Killian Jones
      Killian Jones removed this reply because:
      16:21, July 26, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would say start with an easy page, people like Regina and Emma are very complicated.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • William warlow wrote:
      I agree with Killian but I was thinking something like:

      Magical Abilities

      • Witchcraft: Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis ... (appeared for the first time in "")
      • Genies Magic: Fulfil the desires (which appeared for the first time in "")
      • Magic of True Love: True Love's Kiss (which appeared for the first time in "")

      In this way you have a taste of what the magician can do while remaining a small section and in doing so you do not need to put in what episode used every spell individually.

      I like this!!

      Thanks, William. 

      I'm glad this is happening. :3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AustinSegal wrote:
      I would say start with an easy page, people like Regina and Emma are very complicated.

      All right, I did Cruella's page. She seems easy enough since she only had her persuasion ability. Thoughts?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think this section is kinda useless on Cruella's, because as you said it Nat, she only had her power of persuasion ^^ But on the format, I think it is good, not just on Cruella's page.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like it. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      I think this section is kinda useless on Cruella's, because as you said it Nat, she only had her power of persuasion ^^ But on the format, I think it is good, not just on Cruella's page.

      I disagree with exempting the section from characters that only has used one magical power. It's a known magic ability, even if it's only one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      I think this section is kinda useless on Cruella's, because as you said it Nat, she only had her power of persuasion ^^ But on the format, I think it is good, not just on Cruella's page.

      I disagree with exempting the section from characters that only has used one magical power. It's a known magic ability, even if it's only one.

      That's just my opinion, no need to begin a discussion agree/disagree on that xD I just think we could find something better, and not create a whole big section for one word, that's all :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Applegirl wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      I think this section is kinda useless on Cruella's, because as you said it Nat, she only had her power of persuasion ^^ But on the format, I think it is good, not just on Cruella's page.

      I disagree with exempting the section from characters that only has used one magical power. It's a known magic ability, even if it's only one.

      That's just my opinion, no need to begin a discussion agree/disagree on that xD I just think we could find something better, and not create a whole big section for one word, that's all :)


      Yeah, true. We could always use a different style for the abilities section, though I have no idea how to begin with that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • what do u think about a drop down box like the ep plot boxes

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe the Magical Abilities section could be a table? Like having "Type" (of magic), "First Appeared" and a "Description" (for description of what the magic type does).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Maybe the Magical Abilities section could be a table? Like having "Type" (of magic), "First Appeared" and a "Description" (for description of what the magic type does).

      What would this look like, please?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If you could all wait, I can work on how it could look like later and show you. If not keep discussing, I'm ok either way :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't see why there wasn't a section noting powers already. This is the only wiki, I have ever seen for a show with powers without something telling of the characters powers.

      I think a brief description would be helpful because they're cases when simply putting the name of the power might be misleading. For example, Ursula the sea witch. She has mermaid powers but she was shown to be able to call things from other lands with her tentacles vs having to physically cross lands like Ariel. So simply putting land traveling or what ever it would be called might be confusing in Ursula's case.

      The same could be said for Zelena and Petter Pan. Both had the power of flight, but I'm assuming they achieved it by two different ways. Pan seemed to actually fly and Zelena seemed to either ride a magic broom or move the broom with her telekinesis. Jafar could also fly via magic carpet. Three people with the same power achieved three different ways.

      They're other cases to.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      If you could all wait, I can work on how it could look like later and show you. If not keep discussing, I'm ok either way :P

      WHAT A CHAMP

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones
      Killian Jones removed this reply because:
      20:42, August 2, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Seeing Cruella's page, I don't think there's any better way to do it. We could, however, add some notes to it, explainging very shortly how the power works. I'll do some other characters to cover the possibilities and we can see if that's alright or there's something else to be added/changed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What do you guys think? Rumplestiltskin#Magical Abilities

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      What do you guys think? Rumplestiltskin#Magical Abilities

      What about the telekinesis! (Just kidding!) I love it! It gives a summary of what categories of magic they performed and what they usually might have done under those categories.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It looks great! But perhaps we should also add the various kinds of witchcraft Rumple is able to do, under "witchcraft"? For example:

      • Witchcraft, including:
        • Pyrokinesis
        • Healing
        • Teleportation
        • Heart-ripping
        • Telekinesis
        • Transformation (no, I do not mean shapeshifting)

      (Etc; I cannot remember all of them right now. And add an episode for reference. For example, the first time we saw him rip someone's heart out, was in "The Crocodile".)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nightlily wrote:
      It looks great! But perhaps we should also add the various kinds of witchcraft Rumple is able to do, under "witchcraft"? For example:
      • Witchcraft, including:
        • Pyrokinesis
        • Healing
        • Teleportation
        • Heart-ripping
        • Telekinesis
        • Transformation (no, I do not mean shapeshifting)

      (Etc; I cannot remember all of them right now. And add an episode for reference. For example, the first time we saw him rip someone's heart out, was in "The Crocodile".)

      I like this idea better.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I guess that could work, but can we only do this for Witchcraft? and perhaps Ice Magic, but nothing else?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Personally, I'm not a big fan of both suggestions. I like Killian's idea better, but I don't like his "examples sentences". I think we should take Lily's main idea, and merge it with Killian's:

      • Blood Magic ("First ep where the type is used")
      • Witchcraft: Pyrokinesis, Healing, Teleportation, Heart-ripping, Telekinesis, Transformation, etc... ("First ep where the type is used")

      I think you see my point. It is mainly because Lily's list would take too much place when we do not need it :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote: I guess that could work, but can we only do this for Witchcraft? and perhaps Ice Magic, but nothing else?

      Yes, that's probably best. Oh, and perhaps we should refer to transformation as transfiguration instead?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nightlily wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote: I guess that could work, but can we only do this for Witchcraft? and perhaps Ice Magic, but nothing else?

      Yes, that's probably best. Oh, and perhaps we should refer to transformation as transfiguration instead?

      I guess :p

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Nightlily wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote: I guess that could work, but can we only do this for Witchcraft? and perhaps Ice Magic, but nothing else?

      Yes, that's probably best. Oh, and perhaps we should refer to transformation as transfiguration instead?

      I guess :p

      I think you should do it for fairy magic to since it has more than one purpose or ability.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, good point. For fairies, we have shapeshifting, transfiguration, telekinesis, healing, flying (without their wings, like Tink did in "Going Home" - is that a form of levitation?), creating fire (again, Tink), telepathy (the Blue Fairy), and maybe more; I don't remember all of them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote: ... Lily's list would take too much place when we do not need it :)

      Well, personally, I think it looks better, more organized, this way. What does everyone else think?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like it .

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nightlily wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote: ... Lily's list would take too much place when we do not need it :)

      Well, personally, I think it looks better, more organized, this way. What does everyone else think?

      I agree with lady junky that your idea will take up more space, but I also agree that your idea looks better and is more organized. I like yours better. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady has a point. We don't need lots of space being wasted here, if it can be nicely put separated by a comma, why make it huge?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Personally, I'm not a big fan of both suggestions. I like Killian's idea better, but I don't like his "examples sentences". I think we should take Lily's main idea, and merge it with Killian's:
      • Blood Magic ("First ep where the type is used")
      • Witchcraft: Pyrokinesis, Healing, Teleportation, Heart-ripping, Telekinesis, Transformation, etc... ("First ep where the type is used")

      I think you see my point. It is mainly because Lily's list would take too much place when we do not need it :)

      I'm for this type of list. To separate, let's say, each type of Witchcraft with bullets per line would take up too much space.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Columns exist...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think potioncraft could also be one of the types of magic that gives the examples of the specific type of potion they used since it has different uses like fairy magic and witchcraft.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Whatever happened to this idea? It got consensus so, why didn't it get done?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agreed. Should be cool.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Think it's redundant, when we already have a list here http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Magic#Known_Practitioners

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am restarting discussion on this thread since there have been some recent updates to some character pages for magical abilities.

      This is in relation to the recent abilities edits on Mr. Gold and Rumplestiltskin's pages. Firstly, I still believe the magical abilities section should be kept short when listing how the character has used a particular magic ability. My opinion is that if it's a list showing bullets for magical abilities, the first sentence after each bullet should give the general gist of what the ability does, and it doesn't need to be excessively descriptive.

      I'm still confused about what format is being used as episode citations, especially since it's been a while since this discussion has been active, so I just wanted to make sure. Is it still using the format (First episode where the type was used) ? 

      One thing I wanted to bring up is the counterpart pages. Mr. Gold is Rumplestiltskin, but some of the powers he actually demonstrated was during his time as Rumplestiltskin when he was the Dark One. Yet, in present time, Mr. Gold is still the Dark One, so should the powers he used in the past as Rumplestiltskin still be listed on Mr. Gold's page? I'm also not a fan of overlapping by referring to Mr. Gold as Rumplestiltskin in the abilities section specifically since the wiki has separate pages for both counterparts.

      I noticed Fairy Magic was listed as one of both Mr. Gold and Rumplestiltskin's abilities. I deleted it because I believe that doesn't actually count because Mr. Gold / Rumplestiltskin is harnessing a wand to utilize fairy magic. If he didn't have the wand, he would not be able to do any fairy magic at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think we should work on the format. Right now, it is open to a lot of inconsitencies between pages. I think we should make some sort of checkbox template which would work similar to the Appearances one. That way, it would look exactly the same on all pages, and it would be very clear which types of magical abilities the character wields. This would include all the types of magic + shapeshifting + teleportation + world-crossing.

      What do you guys think?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message