FANDOM


  • He's always judging his father and looking down on him I hope it comes out that he made a selfish choice and someone suffered for it. I hope we meet a villain tha'ts out for Baelfire because he did something selfish.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, I guess Neil's selfish act was that he left Emma to go to prison, so she could break the curse in the future. I like Neil, but my opinion changed slightly when he used Roland to get to Neverland, and the fact that he reacted so stupidly after hearing the prophecy in 'Nasty Habits' As for him looking down on his Father, it annoys me sometimes when I remember back to how Rumple became TDO, he was tricked. He did not intend to become TDO and thus the curse was really that, a curse. Bae, despite Rumple ending the Ogre Wars, never really seemed to grasp that his behaviour was beyond Rumple's control.

      Bae pre-Neverland was a good boy though, I doubt anyone from the EF would want to cause him harm based on anything other than being TDO's son.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:
      Well, I guess Neil's selfish act was that he left Emma to go to prison, so she could break the curse in the future. I like Neil, but my opinion changed slightly when he used Roland to get to Neverland, and the fact that he reacted so stupidly after hearing the prophecy in 'Nasty Habits' As for him looking down on his Father, it annoys me sometimes when I remember back to how Rumple became TDO, he was tricked. He did not intend to become TDO and thus the curse was really that, a curse. Bae, despite Rumple ending the Ogre Wars, never really seemed to grasp that his behaviour was beyond Rumple's control.

      Bae pre-Neverland was a good boy though, I doubt anyone from the EF would want to cause him harm based on anything other than being TDO's son.

      True though if the Morraine being Maleficent theory turns out to be right Bae could have had a hand in that it would be good if they brought her back and at sound of Baelfire's name she got pissed and screamed "Bring him here! I want him to see what he's done to me!" Then it comes out Morraine went looking for Bae and he abandoned her which inevitably caused her to become Maleficent.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like Neal. But I honestly understand his hatred of his father. I know Rumple saved him and countless other kids from the Ogre Wars. But the fact, that Baelfire lost his friends after that, because people started to get scared of Rumple - and he was barely allowed freedom - his father became overprotecting him and in turn made their home a prison, and shortly after, I assume, he abandoned Baelfire.

      Neal has had hundred years of simmering on his abandonment. He was landed in world, where he became even more poorer and hungrier, just because he wanted his papa to chose him. And he has been sitting on the knowledge that his own father chose power over him. And Neal's reaction to Rumple in the last episode is understandabe enough. He has just found out that his own father considering killing his son. If my parents even considered for a second to kill my child, I would never allow them to spend time together. And in Neal's case it's even more horrifying - he knows his father has killed many people.

      My opinion of Neal went down a notch though, for the Roland-deal. I know he's desperate to save Henry and help Emma, but you don't use a four-year old as means to do it.

      As for Morraine being Maleficent, I doubt it. Though it would be a nice detail.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Neal's major problem, is that he is exactly like his father.

      No matter how much he tries to deny it, he is repeating the same bad behavior. Rumplestiltskin was a coward, who abandoned his son. Neal was a coward, who abandoned Emma.... leaving her to be arrested. The Roland-fiasco, only cemented just how much Neal is a clone of Rumplestiltskin. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's not really the same thing. He may have left Emma because he was afraid of magic, amungst other reasons, but I don't think Neal wouldn't leave Henry like Rumple left him. I love Rumple but he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, it makes sense why Neal couldn't forgive him. He tried to centuries to get back his son, then he ignores him and thinks about killing his grandson, he's all over the place, how is Neal supposed to trust him?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote:
      It's not really the same thing. He may have left Emma because he was afraid of magic, 

      But that was not why he left her. He left her so she could fulfill her destiny.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      The Roland-fiasco, only cemented just how much Neal is a clone of Rumplestiltskin. 

      Fiasco? What fiasco? You mean when he had the child call out to draw out the Shadow in a room full of people more than capable of protecting the boy and then nothing happened to him? The plan that went off perfectly?

      That's not what a fiasco is, at least the last time I checked ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      AppleTree23 wrote:
      It's not really the same thing. He may have left Emma because he was afraid of magic, 
      But that was not why he left her. He left her so she could fulfill her destiny.

      That's what I think, too. However, some may argue that it was his fear of staying away from that life (like what he said in Manhattan) but the point is, him leaving Emma doesn't make him the same as his father.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Neal was also kept in the dark for years. He didn't know what his father was doing back in the EF, or who Emma was, or even that he had a son. The situations aren't the same.

      I don't see how you can intrepret the man being told by August that he has to leave her so she can, essentially, save the world as being cowardly, or that he was running from anything.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That's what I was saying. I was referring to Chocolateyes saying that him leaving Emma made him like Rumple went it doesn't at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I also fail to see the resemblance between a man who has an aversion to dark magic and a man who can't live without it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote:
      That's what I was saying. I was referring to Chocolateyes saying that him leaving Emma made him like Rumple went it doesn't at all.

      I know, I meant in general XD

      I know a lot of people don't really like Neal, so they come up with more negative theories about him, even when he's doing what's right.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Personally, I wonder if people just dislike Neal because he's a wrench between the CaptainSwan ship or because they adore Rumple and are furious on Neal's treatment of him. I would certainly not forgive my own father for abandoning me for 300 years.

      Neal didn't know that Rumple regretted the decision straight away, and his last memory of his father was letting him go - and then he has had all those years to simmer on that thought. No way, Neal would forgive his father straight away. Neal even got 'evidence' that Rumple wasn't that redeemed, when he was beating Whale - exactly what he used to do in their village.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • PinkBell wrote:
      Personally, I wonder if people just dislike Neal because he's a wrench between the CaptainSwan ship or because they adore Rumple and are furious on Neal's treatment of him. I would certainly not forgive my own father for abandoning me for 300 years.

      Both are, actually, pathetic reasons to dislike Neal.

      Shipping Wars are stupid, and Emma can do better than either of her love interests. Rumplestilskin is a fun character, but he is still a spineless jerk. Who in their right mind, can condone his behavior? Like I said, Neal is just repeating his father's bad habits.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh yes, trying to ensure that Emma saves the world and doing what needs to be done to save his son is terrible. It's nothing like Rumple's actions.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just like Rumple, Neal has no problem useing children to get what he wants. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby ridinghood wrote:
      Just like Rumple, Neal has no problem useing children to get what he wants. 

      Having the boy stand several feet away from a window to say a phrase with his father and several other armed guards nearby is using him?

      I just don't see it that way. He knew there would be no harm to Roland.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah. Roland was well protected. The Shadow may have grabbed him - but there were several warriors there to protect the little guy. Rumple would have kidnapped the child himself, and forced him to say 'I believe' or whatever it was, and then just left - never mind that he had left a defenseless child behind. Neal made sure that Roland was protected. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I know Roland was protected by everyone there, but that doesn't make him any less used by Neal.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I personally like Neal AND Rumple, and as much as I want Neal to forgive and trust Rumple I know that he has been through too much to just blindly trust his father. 

      And as for Roland, he was safe.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby ridinghood wrote:
      I know Roland was protected by everyone there, but that doesn't make him any less used by Neal.


      He didnt use him. He enlisted his and his fahter's aid. If he was "using" him, he wouldnt have cared for the boy's safety, and all the precautions taken wouldnt have been.

      I don't get some people want to twist events to cast characters in a light...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Most of the time Neal is one of my favorite characters, I just really don't like the way he's been treating people [mostly his father] at the moment.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby ridinghood wrote:
      Most of the time Neal is one of my favorite characters, I just really don't like the way he's been treating people [mostly his father] at the moment.

      He did what he felt was necessary to protect his son.

      Can you blame him, though? The man abandoned him to keep his powers, so I can understand why Neal wouldn't be able to believe that the man wouldn't kill Henry.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Neal's last memory of his father for centuries was his father breaking their deal and chosing power over family. He knows his father hurt people, killed them for the smallest perceived slights.

      From all that, I can see Neal get the idea that family means nothing to Rumple

      Likewise, Rumple admitted that he was going to kill Henry.

      Yes, he said that the moment he realized that Henry was Neal's son he changed his mind, however Neal still seams to believe that Rumple doesn't truly care about family, so he has no reason to believe him

      I think that the people who hate Neal hate him because we know more about Rumple's motivations that he does, because we've seen them in flashabacks. It's dramatic irony, we know more than the characters

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 1) Roland was completely safe with Mulan, Robin Hood and Neal all there, armed and ready to fight back the shadow.


      2) Gold was planning to KILL HIS SON! Why in the WORLD would he want Henry (unconscious or not) near him? He had NO IDEA if he could trust his father - and quite honestly, going on past experiences, he really couldn't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message