| It's coming.. but it's not here yet!
| This page is dedicated to "The Song in Your Heart", an upcoming new episode.|
Updates to this page may be frequent, and information will be added as it becomes available.
"The Song in Your Heart" is the twentieth episode of Season Six of ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was written by David H. Goodman & Andrew Chambliss, and directed by Ron Underwood. It will be the one hundredth and thirty-first episode of the series overall, and will premiere on May 7, 2017.
This is the first, and so far only, musical episode of the series. The songs were written by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner.
(This list is based on actors and characters expected to be in the episode. It will be updated as more information is released. This list should not be considered official)
(Bold characters have been further confirmed by news articles/photos)
The episode will feature a total of seven songs:
- "TBA" by Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan)
- "TBA" by Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White), Josh Dallas (Prince Charming), and Lana Parrilla (Evil Queen)
- "TBA" by Rebecca Mader (Zelena)
- "TBA" by Lana Parrilla (Evil Queen)
- "TBA" by Colin O'Donoghue (Hook)
One song is titled "Powerful Magic".
- The title of this episode was revealed by Adam Horowitz via his Twitter account on February 21, 2017.
- The episode was also referred to as "The Musical Episode", as it was revealed by choreographer Paul Becker via his Instagram account on February 9, 2017.
- According to Jane Espenson, a musical special feature was already considered back in 2014, but it did not happen because it was too expensive.
- This episode has been in the works since Summer 2016.
- Songs were recorded in advance, and then played back on set as the actors choregraophed.
- According to Adam Horowitz, it was hard to figure out how to meld the "voice" of the show with a musical.
- On the last day of filming for this episode, Colin O'Donoghue injured himself and fractured his foot.