|Home:||Granny's Bed and Breakfast|
|Portrayed by:||Jamie Dornan|
|Latest appearance:||"Welcome to Storybrooke"|
It's my heart, Emma. I need to find it.
Sheriff Graham Humbert is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. He débuts in the first episode of the first season. He is portrayed by guest star Jamie Dornan, and is the Storybrooke counterpart of the Huntsman.
During the Curse
Graham is the local sheriff of Storybrooke, and after the enacting of the curse, develops and maintains an intimate and physical relationship with the mayor, Regina Mills. She is alarmed that two outsiders, Kurt Flynn and his son Owen, have entered town. Graham expresses just as much surprise as Regina at their unfamiliar faces. In a short time, Regina becomes very fond of Owen and suggests that he and his father can stay in Storybrooke permanently. However, Kurt rejects the idea. Despite Kurt's firm answer, she tries to find a way to force them to stay longer by asking the mechanic, Billy, to stall the fixing of Kurt's car. Kurt, however, already picked up his car ten minutes ago, so she rushes off to her office to speak commands into Graham's heart to make him arrest Kurt for false charges of drunk driving. Her plans go awry when Kurt overhears her, and he tries to leave the office, but Sheriff Graham bursts into the room to wrestle him down on the desk. Kurt tries to tell Graham that Regina is somehow controlling him with something and knocks onto the ground the box containing his heart. The heart hits the floor, to which Graham gasps in pain and accidentally releases Kurt, who escapes out the door. Graham asks what that thing is, but Regina doesn't answer. He helps Regina chase after Kurt and Owen in his sheriff police car and blocks them from leaving at the town border. As he takes hold of Kurt and cuffs him, Owen is forced to run for his life on his father's orders. ("Welcome to Storybrooke")
Regina's adopted son Henry Mills decides to run away from home to find his biological mother Emma Swan. Emma brings him back to his house doorstep, where a very worried Regina opens the door and hugs him. Sheriff Graham watches on. When Emma tries to leave Storybrooke to return to Boston, a wolf appears in the middle of the street and causes her to crash into the Storybrooke town sign. She wakes up in the Storybrooke jail, where Graham is currently releasing Leroy from his cell. He does not believe her when she tells him that a wolf caused her car accident. ("Pilot")
After Archie Hopper gives Henry's file to Emma, Graham shows up at her room at Granny's Bed and Breakfast and asks for Henry's file back, claiming that Dr. Hopper reported it stolen. Emma gives him Henry's file and tells him that she was set up, as she is arrested. Later, he lets her go and asks her to become his deputy. ("The Thing You Love Most")
He also helps Emma when Henry runs into the sinkhole. ("That Still Small Voice")
Graham is upset about Emma witnessing him leaving Regina's house after his nightly tryst with Regina. She refuses his apologies and pleas, so he kisses her and briefly gets a flash of a memory of who he was in the Enchanted Forest. He realizes then that he had never felt anything before and goes to Regina's house. After asking if Henry was in bed, he kisses Regina, but discovers that he does not get the same burst of feeling as he had with Emma.
That night, he wakes up from a dream and tells Regina about his recurring dreams. Regina tells him to go back to sleep, but he heads outside to get some air and sees the wolf from his dreams. The wolf leaves before he can go after it.
The next day, he visits Mary Margaret and asks her whether or not they have met before Storybrooke. He proceeds to question Mary Margaret, making her fully aware of the haze in her memories. After Mary Margaret, he goes to Henry's house and asks whether or not he is in Henry's book.
Henry tells him that he is the Huntsman and that the Evil Queen stole his heart so that he would never feel again. Henry tells him about the Queen's signature symbol and Graham goes off in a frantic search for his heart. He manages to get Emma to help him and, when he sees the wolf haunting his dreams a second time, chases after it.
The wolf leads the pair to Regina's father's grave, where Regina catches them searching for Graham's heart. Graham breaks his affair off with her and, after a cat fight between Regina and Emma, heads for the station with Emma. Unknown to them, Regina has descended into the chamber where all of her captured hearts are held. She takes Graham's heart and starts squeezing it, slowly turning it to dust.
Back at the station, Graham apologizes for Regina's behavior and kisses Emma again. After he pulls back, he smiles and says he remembers everything. Before Emma can ask what he means, he suffers a fatal "heart attack" and dies in her arms. ("The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter")
- In the Disney animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Humbert is the name of the Huntsman, but is never said on screen. Humbert is revealed to be Graham's last name. ("Desperate Souls")
- The name "Graham" is of Old English origin derived from the English place "Grantham" that likely meant "gravelly homestead".
- The surname "Humbert" is of English origin derived from the surname bearers of the land in Humber, Herefordshire.
- In an E! Online interview, Jamie Dornan stated that he originally was supposed to portray another character. However, they could not get the rights and therefore made him the Huntsman. In Entertainment Weekly's final October 2012 issue, Edward Kitsis revealed Jamie was supposed to portray Sherlock Holmes.
- In the original "Pilot" script, Sheriff Graham is an avid fan of eating pixie sticks. He also states he grew up in Maine, but picked up his accent from his parents.
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
Is a Lonely
|"Fruit of the|
|Once Upon a Time: Season Two|
- Sheriff Graham photo appears on a piece of paper in "Desperate Souls".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 File:108Graham'sStuff.png
- ↑ http://www.behindthename.com/name/graham
- ↑ http://www.houseofnames.com/humbert-family-crest
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/279894/once-upon-a-time-shocker-the-dead-man-dishes-on-his-departure
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/21/once-upon-jack-sparrow/
- ↑ http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Once_Upon_A_Time_1x01_-_Pilot.pdf