Sixteen-year-old Regina is very different from the Regina known by fans of ABC’s Once Upon a Time. She seeks romance, adventure and approval. Of course, getting approval from a mother like Cora is next to impossible. For Regina, friendships have always been a rare commodity. Could it be that Regina has finally found a true friend? Or is it too good to be true? As Regina struggles to find her own identity and create her own destiny, she discovers that her fate might just be to become everything she despises.
Chapters 1 to 5
Chapters 6 to 10
Chapters 11 to 15
Chapters 16 to 20
Chapters 21 to 25
- The Enchanted Forest present events takes place several years after "Sisters" and not long before "The Queen Is Dead". The story also takes place seventeen years after Cora and Henry's wedding in "The Miller's Daughter" and sixteen years after Regina was born in "The Miller's Daughter".
- The time span of the novel begins on the morning of Friday, May 5, and concludes on Wednesday, May 24.
- The flashbacks in chapter One and Thirteen take place ten years earlier, six years after Regina was born in "The Miller's Daughter" and a few years before "Sisters".
- The flashback in chapter Seven takes place four years before the frame story and twelve years after Regina was born in "The Miller's Daughter".
- The flashback in chapter Twenty-Four takes place eleven years before the frame story, five years after Regina was born in "The Miller's Daughter" and a few years before "Sisters".