|Season 03, Episode 15|
|Premiere date:||March 30, 2014|
|Written by:||Kalinda Vazquez|
|Directed by:||Eagle Egilsson|
|Previous Episode:||"The Tower"|
|Next Episode:||"It's Not Easy Being Green"|
"Quiet Minds" is the fifteenth episode of Season Three of ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was written by Kalinda Vazquez and directed by Eagle Egilsson. It is the fifty-ninth episode of the series overall, and premiered on March 30, 2014.
Neal finds himself back in Storybrooke and yearns for a way to reconnect with his son Henry, whose memories of his father are gone, while also trying to find his own father, Rumplestiltskin, whom he has just learned is alive but missing, and Regina discovers a possible connection with Robin Hood. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was over the past year, agonizing over the death of his father, Neal - with the help of Belle and enchanted candelabra Lumiere - attempts to find a magical solution to bring back Rumplestiltskin from the dead.
*: Only in archive footage
Robin Hood: What about this? Is this magical?
Regina Mills: Not exactly. But, it's a liquid that can conjure courage, give strength, or even act as a love potion of sorts. It's called Whisky, and, no, it's not magical. Especially, not the next day.
- The title card features Lumiere.
- The cover of the book which holds the key to the Dark One's vault, shows an image of the Gnostic deity Abraxas. The text and the image is a replica of the engraving on one of the Abraxas stones.
- The label on Zelena's bottle of orange juice says Andana; the Cebuano word for "story".
- The symbols on the vault of the Dark One includes the tomoe, the triquetra, the triangle, the Eye of Providence and the pentagram. Circling all the other symbols is the Ouroboros, which represents cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself—fitting for the vault of the Dark One.
- The Enchanted Forest flashbacks occur after "Witch Hunt" and before the opening scene of "The Tower", and one year before the casting of the new curse in part two of "A Curious Thing". (For more details, see the Enchanted Forest timeline)
- The Land Without Magic events occur after "The Tower" and before "It's Not Easy Being Green". (For more details, see the Land Without Magic timeline)
- Belle remarks that Hook tried to kill her twice; referring to the events of "Queen of Hearts" and "The Outsider".
- Emma gave the swan keychain necklace back to Neal in "Manhattan".
- Belle mentions events in "Lacey" when Rumplestiltskin built the library of the castle.
- Regina remembers events of "Quite a Common Fairy" when Tinker Bell helped her find a second chance at true love.
- Hook reminisces about Neal, when he was still Baelfire, and the time they spent together in "And Straight On 'Til Morning".
- Neal mentions that he almost married his grandfather's evil minion, who he first met in "Selfless, Brave and True".
- Emma tells Neal about Walsh proposing to her and how she later discovered his true identity in "New York City Serenade".
- Emma recalls the life she and Neal wanted to have in Tallahassee, which they decided in "Tallahassee".
- What happened to Lumiere after Belle took him away is shown in "Bleeding Through".
- Rumplestiltskin's fate after he was taken captive by Zelena is revealed in "A Curious Thing".
- Belle also returns to Snow White and the others in "A Curious Thing".
- After discovering Zelena's true identity, Emma intends to ask Regina to cast a protective spell around Mary Margaret's apartment, which is enacted in "The Jolly Roger".
- This episode features an enchanted candelabra named Lumiere, a character from the Walt Disney Animation Studios adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast".
Fairy Tales and Folklore
- This episode features Belle from the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, Rumplestiltskin from the Rumplestiltskin fairy tale, Hook from the Peter Pan story as well as the Wicked Witch of the West and Flying Monkeys from the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz story.
|French||"Une Vie pour une Vie"||"A Life For a Life"|
|German||"Wo Lumière ist, ist auch Schatten"||"Where There Is Lumière, There Is Also Shadow"|
|Italian||"Menti silenziose"||"Quiet Minds"|