|Enchanted Forest Character|
|Home:||The King's Castle|
|Portrayed by:||Tim Phillipps|
|Appears in:||"The Price of Gold"|
As long as I'm here, you will never go back to that life.
Prince Thomas is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. He débuts, with his only appearance, in the fourth episode of the first season. He is the Enchanted Forest counterpart of Sean Herman, and is portrayed by guest star Tim Phillipps.
Prince Thomas is based on the Prince from the fairytale, "Cinderella".
At a royal ball, Prince Thomas falls in love with a woman named Cinderella. After a marriage proposal, they host their wedding celebration with many honored guests, such as Snow White and Prince Charming. Several months later, Thomas returns home one day from a canceled hunting trip to find Cinderella packing up her things. He fears his wife is unhappy, but rejoices at the news she is pregnant. However, Cinderella is miserable and finally comes clean about deal she previously made with a powerful magic user, Rumplestiltskin, to allow her to attend the ball and win Thomas' heart. As a price, she has to give up her first-born child to Rumplestiltskin. Thomas vows to find some way to fix the situation. With Prince Charming's help, the seven dwarves fashion an inescapable prison for Rumplestiltskin in the mines. The Blue Fairy offers up a magical red quill dipped in squid ink, and all Cinderella must do is get Rumplestiltskin to sign a fake contract with it to paralyze him. Thomas encourages Cinderella to go through with the plan. When she succeeds, Rumplestiltskin is locked up in preparation for the journey to the prison. At the sidelines, Thomas comforts his wife while suggesting they name their child Alexandra. Suddenly, Cinderella feels a contraction; prompting Thomas to sprint to the well to get some water for her. Once there, Thomas mysteriously disappears into thin air as a result of Cinderella's unfulfilled original deal with Rumplestiltskin. ("The Price of Gold")
- Solid lines denote blood parent-child relationship
- Dashed lines denote marriage relationships
- Alexandra was conceived in the Enchanted Forest, but born in Storybrooke
- The name "Thomas" is of Aramaic origin derived from the word "Ta'oma'" that means "twin".
- Thomas is an example of the Prince Charming archetype in fairy tales.
- Thomas picked out the name of his daughter, Alexandra. ("The Price of Gold")
- Among the numerous fairytale illustrations pinned to the wall in Henry's room is an engraving by the nineteenth century French artist Gustave Doré. It is from Les Contes de Perrault, an 1867 edition of the seventeenth century French author Charles Perrault's fairy tales. It depicts a scene from "Cinderella", where the prince lets the titular character try on the glass slipper. ("The Stable Boy", "A Land Without Magic")
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
Is a Lonely
|"Fruit of the|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":||"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":||"Secrets of Storybrooke":|
Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.