For the first iteration, see Enchanted Forest.
Society and Culture
- This new version of the Enchanted Forest has lots of similarities to its first iteration. However, unlike the Enchanted Forest, which seems to be frozen in the Middle Ages, judging by the clothes of the people, the New Enchanted Forest seems to be frozen in the eighteenth and nineteenth century, with small elements taken from the Middle Ages.
- There is a hierarchy between the kingdoms, like a "federal" kingdom and "federated" kingdoms, as the King seems to rule all over the realm, and can raise taxes on everyone in the region, including Tiana's home kingdom. ("The Garden of Forking Paths", "Greenbacks")
- There is French influence on the local culture, since Drizella, Tiana and Dr. Facilier can speak French, like "nouveau riche (new rich)", "fête de faillite (bankruptcy party)", and enchanté (nice to meet you)". ("Greenbacks", "A Taste of the Heights")
- There is a bayou, and it seems pretty relevant to the local culture, even Cecelia makes reference to it: "You make the best lavender lemonade north of the bayou.". ("Greenbacks", "One Little Tear", "A Taste of the Heights")
The New Enchanted Forest is divided into kingdoms, much as the Land Without Magic is currently divided into countries. It also seems that there is a hierarchy between the kingdoms, as there is a "federal" kingdom , and are "federated" kingdoms. Known kingdoms of the New Enchanted Forest are:
- The King's kingdom (The "federal" kingdom of the New Enchanted Forest.) ("Hyperion Heights")
- Tiana's kingdom (A "federated" kingdom of the New Enchanted Forest; previously ruled by Eudora) (Greenbacks" et al.)
- Maldonia (A "federated" kingdom of the New Enchanted Forest; Naveen's home kingdom) ("A Taste of the Heights")
- Bolded Names are canon location names. Such names have been given in-show by characters themselves.
- "Previously ruled by" denotes that the current ruler inherited the kingdom.