|Season 03, Episode 04|
|Premiere date:||October 20, 2013|
|Written by:|| David H. Goodman &|
|Directed by:||David Boyd|
|Previous Episode:||"Quite a Common Fairy"|
|Next Episode:||"Good Form"|
"Nasty Habits" is the fourth episode of Season Three of ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was written by David H. Goodman & Robert Hull and directed by David Boyd. It is the forty-eighth episode of the series overall and premiered on October 20, 2013.
Mr. Gold makes a decision to confront Pan, but will he go there to save Henry or give in to the prophecy that the boy will be his undoing? Neal finds himself back in Neverland and in the custody of one of Pan’s most loyal Lost Boys. And David struggles for his life as the poison continues to take its toll on him. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin goes in search of a missing Bae, who has followed a mysterious figure who steals away children with his music.
- The title card features Peter Pan dancing around fire.
- The scene in which Dylan Schmid, portraying Baelfire, pushes a knife off the table took many takes due to the item's heavy weight.
- The Enchanted Forest flashbacks occur after "Desperate Souls" and before "The Return".(For more details, see the Enchanted Forest timeline)
- The Neverland events take place after "Quite a Common Fairy" and before "Good Form".(For more details, see the Neverland timeline)
- Neal uses squid ink on Mr. Gold, which was first used in "The Price of Gold" and explained in "Into the Deep".
- What Hook is hiding from David and why David "will never make it off this island alive" is revealed in "Good Form".
- The drawings on the cave walls show several memories from young Baelfire's life, including:
- Milah's affinity for drawing was first alluded to in "The Crocodile", in which her home is full of sketches and drawings.
- Hook mentions the time he spent with young Baelfire, which occurred in "And Straight On 'Til Morning".
- The workings of Baelfire's coconut candle is revealed in "Dark Hollow".
- David, Emma, Hook, Mary Margaret, and Regina believe Neal to be dead due to the events in "Second Star to the Right".
- How Peter Pan and Rumplestiltskin know each other is revealed in "Think Lovely Thoughts".
Fairytales and Folklore
- This episode is a rendition of the Peter Pan Story, focusing on the origins of the Lost Boys.
- This episode features Rumplestiltskin from the Rumplestiltskin fairytale.
|Finnish||"Pahoja tapoja"||"Nasty Habits"|
|French||"Les Enfants Perdus"||"The Lost Children"|
|German||"Hört ihr die Melodie des Rattenfängers?"||"Do You Hear the Melody of the Pied Piper?"|
|Italian||"Cattive abitudini"||"Nasty Habits"|