Historically, the convent nuns exchanged candles with miners, who would give coal in return. During the celebration one year, booths with games and entertainment are set up in town. The nuns, making their own candles, intend to sell them and raise money for their convent. Shunned as the town harlot since her affair with David is made public, Mary Margaret attempts to repair her reputation by helping the nuns. Entering the diner, she tries recruiting volunteers, but the townspeople ignore her. One of the nuns, Astrid, ends up using all the convent money to buy too much helium, so Leroy promises to earn the money back by selling candles. Later, Emma confronts Sidney for playing a ring toss while David's wife, Kathryn, is missing. Dopey, the booth operator, resets the ring toss as Emma and Sidney chat. During the day, Leroy and Mary Margaret fail to sell candles due to their ill reputations. Hoping to impress Astrid, he lies about selling out everything, though she discovers he is being dishonest. In a desperate move, Leroy causes a power outage, in which he and Mary Margaret earn enough money after the townspeople buy all the candles. He then delivers the money to Astrid, who forgives him. As the townspeople enjoy the festival while holding lit candles, Mary Margaret carries around an unlit one. Granny, absolving the schoolteacher for her affair, lights Mary Margaret's candle with hers. David, watching from a distance, becomes the center of the townspeople's attention when Emma apprehends him into her sheriff car under suspicion about Kathryn's disappearance. ("Dreamy")
- Cartoonish carnival cutouts (where you put your face in the hole and it looks like you have a different body) of dwarves are in front of the town hall during the preparations for Miner's Day. They can also be seen behind Mary Margaret's desk as Leroy volunteers. ("Dreamy")
- The real life Vancouver-based donut treat establishment "Mollie's Minis" food cart is set up across from Mary Margaret and Leroy's candle tent. ("Dreamy")
- A blackboard with the volunteer names lists Carol, Steve, Edith, Mary and Bart ("yes"), as well as Gary, James and Sara ("maybe"). ("Dreamy")
- During Miner's Day, a yellow tent with green stripes on the roof, as well as a white and yellow tent, are sitting in front of the town hall. Both tents previously appeared at the soldiers' camp where the soldiers were getting ready to slay the dragon in "The Shepherd". The green/yellow tent could also be seen at the marketplace that adult Jiminy visited with his parents in "That Still Small Voice" ("Dreamy")
- The green/yellow tent was later re-used for the tent that Snow White and Prince Charming sleep in during the journey to the Tree of Wisdom in the Season Four episode "Unforgiven". It also appears in the tent camp where Snow White attempts to sell her jewelry in the Season Six episode "Heartless", and in the Resistance camp in the Season Seven episodes "The Garden of Forking Paths", "Pretty in Blue" and "The Eighth Witch".
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
|"Pilot":||"The Thing You Love Most":||"Snow Falls":||"The Price of Gold":||"That Still Small Voice":||"The Shepherd":||"The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter":||"Desperate Souls":||"True North":||"7:15 A.M.":||"Fruit of the Poisonous Tree":|
|"Skin Deep":||"What Happened to Frederick":||"Dreamy":||"Red-Handed":||"Heart of Darkness":||"Hat Trick":||"The Stable Boy":||"The Return":||"The Stranger":||"An Apple Red as Blood":||"A Land Without Magic":|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":||"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":|
|"Secrets of Storybrooke":||"Dark Swan Rises":||"Evil Reigns Once More":||"The Final Battle Begins":|
Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.