King Xavier is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. He débuts, with his only appearance, in the sixteenth episode of the second season. He is portrayed by guest star Joaquim de Almeida, and it is currently unknown if he has a Storybrooke counterpart.
King Xavier is based on the King from the fairytale, "Rumpelstiltskin".
King Xavier is a wealthy king, and the father of Prince Henry. While accompanying a visiting princess, Eva, a miller's daughter spills flour as they walk by. The woman, Cora, blames the princess for tripping her, though King Xavier doesn't believe the claim. Though Henry believes Cora didn't mean any harm, King Xavier forces her to kneel and apologize to them all. During a masquerade ball, he recognizes a masked Cora dancing with his son. King Xavier cuts in, forcing Henry to leave them, as he berates Cora for for wearing a stolen dress. He insults her as nothing but a miller's daughter, but she boasts of her talent for spinning straw into gold. Cora insists had he not offended her, she might've used the skill to make his kingdom rich. King Xavier hauls her in front of the party guests, announcing Cora's claims, which everyone laughs at. He proposes that Cora demonstrate her technique by spinning a whole roomful of straw into gold and win the hand of his son, but if not, she will forfeit her life. To his surprise, all the straw is spun into gold. Still in disbelief, he has Cora publicly spin gold. Only then, King Xavier is satisfied and allows her to marry Henry. The night before the wedding, while he is counting the gold coffers, Cora visits to tell him that she doesn't love Henry. King Xavier brings up her love affair with Rumplestiltskin, whom he know she intends to run away with. During the conversation, he states that "love is weakness" and that marriage is not based on love, but alliances. He tempts her with the option of staying by Henry's side and gaining respect as a royal. Though Cora planned on tearing out and crushing his heart for previously humiliating her, she takes out her own. Months later, Cora and Henry's daughter is born and publicly displayed to their royal subjects. King Xavier asks Cora what will the child be named, to which she replies her name will be Regina as she will be queen one day. ("The Miller's Daughter")
|Sibling(s)||Henry †||Cora †|
- Solid lines denote blood parent-child relationships
- Dashed lines denote marriage, engagement and adoption relationships, and relationships that result in offspring
- † denotes the deceased
- The number of Henry's siblings is unknown
- The casting call describes him as, "45, has a mean sense of humor, and worries about being able to maintain his extravagant lifestyle since gold has become more scarce in his kingdom."
|Once Upon a Time: Season Two|
|"Broken":||"We Are Both":||"Lady of the Lake":||"The Crocodile":||"The Doctor":||"Tallahassee":||"Child of the Moon":||"Into the Deep":||"Queen of Hearts":||"The Cricket Game":||"The Outsider":|
|"In the Name of the Brother":||"Tiny":||"Manhattan":||"The Queen Is Dead":||"The Miller's Daughter":||"Welcome to Storybrooke":||"Selfless, Brave and True":||"Lacey":||"The Evil Queen":||"Second Star to the Right":||"And Straight On 'Til Morning":|
|Once Upon a Time: Novels|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":||"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":|
|"Secrets of Storybrooke":||"Dark Swan Rises":||"Evil Reigns Once More":||"The Final Battle Begins":|
"Archive" denotes archive footage.
- ↑ In "The Miller's Daughter", Cora states that marrying Prince Henry will make her fifth in line to be queen. Following normal rules of succession, this means that four individuals separate Prince Henry from being King. (This could be four older siblings, one older sibling with three children, or any combination in-between.)
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/once-upon-time-episode-216-roles-being.html
- ↑ File:216IHelpYou.png
- ↑ File:216HerRoyalHighness.png