|Enchanted Forest Character|
|Hair color:||Dark Blonde|
|Portrayed by:||Alissa Skovbye|
|First appearance:||"Hat Trick"|
|Latest appearance:||"Out of the Past"|
All I need is you Papa. Please stay.
Grace is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. She débuts in the seventeenth episode of the first season. She is portrayed by guest star Alissa Skovbye, and is the Enchanted Forest counterpart of Paige.
After Jefferson and Priscilla fall in love and marry, they have a daughter named Grace. Two years later, she and her parents live in the Enchanted Forest. With their finances dwindling and owed debts for their current house, Jefferson decides to travel to Wonderland and steal the Clock of Evermore from the March Hare, which he intends to sell and provide for his family. Priscilla stays with Grace while he is away, but when Jefferson doesn't return, she leaves for Wonderland, where she dies trying to save him. With her last breaths, she persuades him to return home without her since Grace cannot be without a parent. Upon returning to the Enchanted Forest, Jefferson is unable to pay the house debts and moves in with his daughter to a more downtrodden home. That night, Grace mentions missing her mother, as a saddened Jefferson tucks her into bed. ("Out of the Past")
Despite having meager means as a mushroom seller, Jefferson lives happily with his daughter. One day, Grace and her father play hide-and-seek in the woods, and after he finds her, they walk home to find the Evil Queen's carriage outside. Knowing that the Queen's presence is a bad sign, Jefferson tells Grace to wait in the woods while he speaks with their visitor. The Queen agrees to reward him handsomely if he takes her to another realm, but Jefferson refuses, recalling that Grace lost her mother because of his job, and he doesn't wish for her to lose him as well. The next day, during a trip to market with her father, Grace admires a white stuffed rabbit and asks Jefferson for it. However, Jefferson is unable to buy the toy, even after he offers all the money he has, causing him to feel guilt for not being able to provide for her. Grace, however, understands, and later happily accepts a hand made stuffed rabbit by her father. Wishing his daughter to have a happy childhood, Jefferson accepts the Queen's task. When he informs Grace about the job, she begs him not help the Queen, to no avail. Before going, he sends her to stay with the neighbors, with the promise of returning in time to have a tea party with her. However, he is later tricked by the Queen, who traps him in Wonderland. ("Hat Trick")
- Solid lines denote blood parent-child relationship
- Dashed lines denote marriage relationships that result in offspring
- † denotes the deceased
- The name "Grace" is of Latin origin derived from the word "gratia" that means "grace".
- She shares her name with Grace Slick, lead singer of the rock band Jefferson Airplane, and writer of the hit single "White Rabbit", which uses imagery from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.
- The white rabbit in the marketplace is a nod to the rabbit that Alice follows down the hole in the story Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Grace's tea party also references the Mad Hatter's tea party from the book.
- Her tea set, featured in "Hat Trick, is a Deluxe Ceramic Tea Set with Basket.
- She has a stuffed animal that resembles the Mock Turtle, another character from the Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, whom she passionately calls "Mr. Tortoise." The Mock Turtle tells Alice a story of the schoolmaster of the school in the sea that he went to being a turtle, whom he and his schoolmates 'called him "tortoise" because he taught us."
- Grace has a stuffed dragon called Mr. Sir Dragon. ("Out of the Past")
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
Is a Lonely
|"Fruit of the|
|Once Upon a Time: Season Two|
|"Broken":||"We Are Both":||"Lady of the Lake":||"The Crocodile":||"The Doctor":||"Tallahassee":||"Child of the Moon":||"Into the Deep":||"Queen of Hearts":||"The Cricket Game":||"The Outsider":|
|"In the Name of the Brother":||"Tiny":||"Manhattan":||"The Queen Is Dead":||"The Miller's Daughter":||"Welcome to Storybrooke":||"Selfless, Brave and True":||"Lacey":||"The Evil Queen":||"Second Star to the Right":||"And Straight On 'Til Morning":|
|Once Upon a Time: Comics|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":||"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":||"Secrets of Storybrooke":|
Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.
- Grace is mentioned in Once Upon a Time's Season One novelization, Reawakened: A Once Upon a Time Tale.
- Grace appears in Henry's storybook in "Hat Trick".