|Season 03, Episode 07|
|Premiere date:||November 10, 2013|
|Written by:|| Kalinda Vazquez &|
|Directed by:||Guy Ferland|
|Next Episode:||"Think Lovely Thoughts"|
"Dark Hollow" is the seventh episode of Season Three of ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was written by Kalinda Vazquez & Andrew Chambliss and directed by Guy Ferland. It is the fifty-first episode of the series overall, and premiered on November 10, 2013.
Mr. Gold and Regina send Ariel back to Storybrooke with an item that will allow Belle to locate a hidden artifact that could help take down Pan. But unbeknownst to them, two men have broken into the town with the intent to stop them – at all costs. Meanwhile, Emma, Neal and Hook attempt to find Dark Hollow, where Peter Pan’s shadow dwells, in order to capture it, and Mary Margaret is upset with David for keeping his poisoning a secret from her.
(Bold characters have been further confirmed by news articles/photos)
- The title card features the Storybrooke Clock Tower.
- According to the marked route on the map possessed by John and Michael Darling, Storybrooke is in the vicinity of Thomaston, Maine, a small seaport just west of Rockland.
- The Greek letters Alpha and Omega (Α and Ω) are carved into Pandora's Box.
- The Storybrooke events take place five days after "And Straight On 'Til Morning" and before "The New Neverland".(For more details, see the Land Without Magic timeline)
- The Neverland events occur after "Ariel" and before "Think Lovely Thoughts".(For more details, see the Neverland timeline)
- Mr. Clark references the Wraith attack, which occurred in "Broken".
- Doc mentions a giant stepping on his car, alluding to Anton's rampage in town during "Tiny". The car is damaged again during a witchfight in "It's Not Easy Being Green".
- Hook and Emma's kiss is mentioned, an event which took place in "Good Form".
- Emma mentions being given Baelfire's sword by Hook, which occurred in "The Heart of the Truest Believer".
- Hook promises that he will win Emma's heart, which he eventually does in "There's No Place Like Home".
- When Doc mentions the giant stepping on his car, he states that he has a "Miata", a reference to the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- Leroy says, "No time for whistling, boys", alluding to the Disney song "Whistle While You Work".
- A bottle of MacCutcheon Scotch Whiskey is sitting on a table in the back room of Gold's shop.
Fairytales and Folklore
- This episode features Wendy Darling, John Darling, Michael Darling, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, the shadow and Captain Hook from the Peter Pan story as well as the mermaid from The Little Mermaid fairy tale.
- The episode is titled after a Grateful Dead song of the same name. Series co-creator Eddy Kitsis is a noted fan of the band.