Ashley Boyd. For the fairytale, see Cinderella (Fairytale).
|Enchanted Forest Character|
|Home:|| The King's Castle|
Stepmother's Estate (formerly)
|Portrayed by:||Jessy Schram|
|Appears in:||"The Price of Gold"|
|Latest mention:||"Best Laid Plans"|
Princess Cinderella, also known as Ella, is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. She débuts, with her only appearance, in the fourth episode of the first season. She is portrayed by guest star Jessy Schram, and is the Enchanted Forest counterpart of Ashley Boyd.
Cinderella is based on the titular character from the fairytale, "Cinderella".
For years, Cinderella often sees fireworks coming from a nearby castle whenever a celebration is going on. Although not known for how long, she works as a housemaid in her stepmother's manor. During one evening, she sees her stepmother and two stepsisters dressed in gowns as they leave in a carriage for a royal ball. She watches them with longing, and after they are gone, her Fairy Godmother arrives to grant her wish to attend the ball and meet her prince. Before the fairy can work her magic, she is killed by Rumplestiltskin's fireball. He, in turn, collects the Fairy Godmother's wand as Cinderella is drawn into signing a deal with him so she can change her life permanently. As part of the contract, she'll forfeit something precious to him in the future. Desperate, she agrees and Rumplestiltskin transforms her rags into a beautiful gown. At the ball, Prince Thomas falls in love with her. On the eve of their wedding celebration, Cinderella happily watches the fireworks display on the balcony before she and Thomas go into the ballroom to greet their guests. As a waltz begins, she dances with Thomas' father, who teasingly hints at his desire for a grandchild. Prince Charming offers good wishes for a happy marriage before Thomas cuts in, but Cinderella is then whisked off for some time with Snow White, who is proud of her for changing her life. Changing partners again, Cinderella is shocked to see Rumplestiltskin, and even more stunned when he asks for her first-born child as part of their deal. ("The Price of Gold")
After some time, Cinderella discovers she is pregnant and decides to run away from the kingdom, but Thomas catches her in the act. After much questioning, she admits her deal with Rumplestiltskin, and as his payment he wants their child. Thomas assures her that he will fix this, and they simply need to make a new deal to undo the old deal. With Prince Charming and Grumpy, a special prison is created to trap Rumplestiltskin. Cinderella must get Rumplestiltskin to sign a new contract with a magic quill dipped in squid ink to paralyze him. She manages to seal the deal with Rumplestiltskin, who is then taken away by Prince Charming and Grumpy. With that problem settled, Thomas suggests to Cinderella that they name their child Alexandra. Suddenly, she begins feeling contractions as Thomas rushes to fetch water from the well. When the pain stops, she calls him back. Not hearing a response, she searches for him and finds his cloak. Fearing the worst, she confronts Rumplestiltskin, demanding answers about what he did to Thomas, and learns the price for breaking the original deal is her husband's disappearance. ("The Price of Gold")
Sometime before or after this, Cinderella gifts Snow White and Prince Charming, who are expecting their first child, a unicorn mobile. ("Best Laid Plans") For events occurring after the casting of the first curse, see Ashley Boyd.
|Cinderella||Prince Thomas||Unnamed Stepsister||Unnamed Stepsister|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote marriage relationships that result in offspring
- † denotes the deceased
- Cinderella's father was married first to her mother
- Cinderella has two stepsisters via her stepmother's previous marriage
- Alexandra was conceived in the Enchanted Forest, but born in Storybrooke
- The Fairy Godmother, who appears to Cinderella, is also patron to King George's family. ("The Price of Gold", "The Shepherd")
- Cinderella and Snow White were pregnant at the same time. However, Snow White gave birth before the Dark Curse arrived and Cinderella did not. This resulted in her counterpart Ashley's twenty-eight years long pregnancy until giving birth following Emma's arrival to Storybrooke. ("The Price of Gold")
- Among the numerous fairytale illustrations pinned to the wall in Henry's room are two copies of an illustration by the artist and book illustrator Helen Stratton from a 1903 edition of Grimms' Fairy Tales. The image depicts a scene from the "Cinderella" fairytale, in which a bird gives the titular character a beautiful ball gown. One image is pinned next to Henry's door while another copy is among the images adorning the wall next to Henry's bed. ("The Thing You Love Most", "The Stranger")
- An engraving by the nineteenth century French artist Gustave Doré also appears. It is from Les Contes de Perrault, an 1867 edition of the seventeenth century French author Charles Perrault's fairy tales. It depicts a scene from "Cinderella", where the prince lets the titular character try on the glass slipper. ("The Stable Boy", "A Land Without Magic")
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
|"Pilot":||"The Thing You Love Most":||"Snow Falls":||"The Price of Gold":||"That Still Small Voice":||"The Shepherd":||"The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter":||"Desperate Souls":||"True North":||"7:15 A.M.":||"Fruit of the Poisonous Tree":|
|"Skin Deep":||"What Happened to Frederick":||"Dreamy":||"Red-Handed":||"Heart of Darkness":||"Hat Trick":||"The Stable Boy":||"The Return":||"The Stranger":||"An Apple Red as Blood":||"A Land Without Magic":|
|Once Upon a Time: Season Two|
|"Broken":||"We Are Both":||"Lady of the Lake":||"The Crocodile":||"The Doctor":||"Tallahassee":||"Child of the Moon":||"Into the Deep":||"Queen of Hearts":||"The Cricket Game":||"The Outsider":|
|"In the Name of the Brother":||"Tiny":||"Manhattan":||"The Queen Is Dead":||"The Miller's Daughter":||"Welcome to Storybrooke":||"Selfless, Brave and True":||"Lacey":||"The Evil Queen":||"Second Star to the Right":||"And Straight On 'Til Morning":|
|Once Upon a Time: Season Four|
on the Edge
|"Unforgiven":||"Enter the Dragon":||"Poor|
|"Best Laid Plans":||"Heart of Gold":||"Sympathy|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":|
|"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":||"Secrets of Storybrooke":||"Dark Swan Rises":|
Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.
- Cinderella appears in Henry's storybook in "The Snow Queen".
- The fairytale version of Cinderella is mentioned in "Sympathy for the De Vil".