|Portrayed by:||Karley Scott Collins|
|Appears in:||"True North"|
We don't have any.
Twelve year old Nicholas and Ava Zimmer attempt to steal food from the pharmacy by putting it into Henry's backpack. When caught, they try to frame him for it, but are taken home by sheriff Swan. However, as Emma starts to get out of her car, Ava says her parents would be too embarrassed if she came in. Emma informs them she can tell whenever someone is lying to her, but Ava sticks by the given story.
Seemingly satisfied, Emma watches them go to the doorstep and then drives away. Once she is gone, the children run from the house and take the back alleyway to an abandoned house. They hear someone moving upstairs and go up to investigate to find Emma waiting for them. She asks where their parents are and Ava admits they do not have any.
Searching for information on the siblings' parents, she learns their mother, Dory, passed away some time ago. Her only clue is a trinket Dory used to keep, and she goes to Mr. Gold to ask him if someone in town purchased the item in his shop before. Mr. Gold is able to give her the name of the man, Michael Tillman, a local mechanic. Michael denies the children are his, but recognizes the item Emma shows him, which is something he gave to Dory a long time ago. He wants nothing to do with his kids, especially since he has been unaware of their existence until now, and cannot accept the responsibility. With his outright rejection, Emma has no choice but to follow the plan of bringing the children to Boston where they will go into the foster care system. As they leave, Emma's car breaks down and she calls Michael.
As the children wait in the car, Ava notices her compass is beginning to move. Michael arrives in his tow truck and realizes the children are his. Ava and Nicholas watch from the backseat as he and Emma converse. Michael agrees to assume care of his children, and makes his way towards them. ("True North")
|Dory Zimmer †||Michael Tillman|
|Ava Zimmer||Nicholas Zimmer|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote relationships that result in offspring
- The name "Ava" is of Latin origin derived from the word "avis" that means "bird".
- The surname "Zimmer" is of Germanic origin derived from an occupational word for a kind of work done by the original bearer of the name.
- Ava and Nicholas are twins. ("True North")
- According to her birth certificate, Ava was born at the Storybrooke General Hospital. It also says that her mother was born in Storybrooke, and was of Austrian ethnicity. ("True North")
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
Is a Lonely
|"Fruit of the|