|Enchanted Forest Character|
|Occupation:||Leader of a werewolf pack|
|Hair color:||Dark brown|
|Portrayed by:||Annabeth Gish|
|Appears in:||"Child of the Moon"|
|Latest mention:||"Shadow of the Queen"|
Humans make us seem that we are the monsters. The moment you believe them... that's when you become one.
Anita is a character on ABC's Once Upon a Time. She débuts, with her only appearance, in the seventh episode of the second season. She is portrayed by guest star Annabeth Gish, and does not have a Storybrooke counterpart.
Anita is Red Riding Hood's mother and leader of a wolf pack. Her mother, Granny, takes Red from her when she is just a baby because she did not want her granddaughter growing up as a wolf. Widow Lucas tells Red her mother died when she was an infant. When Snow White and Red try to track down and find the wolf that has been terrorizing the village, they mistakenly believe it is the blacksmith's son and Red's beloved, Peter. Red tries to talk some sense into Peter while Snow White covers herself with Red's cloak and pretends to be Red asleep in bed. When caught, Widow Lucas and Snow White hurry to Red and Peter. Along the way, Widow Lucas tells Snow White that Red's mother was also a wolf and was killed when she was put down by hunters. ("Red-Handed")
Red and Snow White are forced to flee from the village after the wolf hunters and the Evil Queen's men are chasing after them. In the morning, Red chances upon another wolf, Quinn, who steals her cloak and leads her to an abandoned castle-turned-wolf den run by the pack leader, Anita. Red meets her mother for the first time, and realizes what her grandmother lied about her mother being dead. She is happy to find a place she belongs and doesn't have to be ashamed of her wolf self. As Red Riding Hood explains that Widow Lucas raised her without knowledge of her shape-shifting ability, Anita is clearly not happy as she believes the wolf within is not something to be ashamed. Discovering Red Riding Hood experiences blackouts when she shape-shifts, Anita teachers her daughter to master control and acceptance as a wolf. When Snow White wanders into the wolf den in search of Red Riding Hood, she is nearly killed by Quinn. Red Riding Hood assures the pack and Anita that Snow White is not a bad human, and she is allowed to stay. Soon after, the Evil Queen's guards invade the den to capture Snow White, though Quinn is murdered in the battle. Blaming Snow White for his death, Anita shape-shifts and attacks her, but Red Riding Hood turns as well to protect her friend. As they fight, Anita accidentally impales herself on a spike. On the verge of death, she accuses her daughter of choosing Snow White over her, but Red Riding Hood says she chooses herself over becoming a killer, and does not want her mother to become one, either. Afterwards, Red Riding Hood and Snow White bury Anita and say their goodbyes. ("Child of the Moon")
Following this, the pack is left without a leader, but a member, Adair, steps up to take on her responsibilities. The wolves then strike a pact to help the Evil Queen hunt down Snow White in exchange for freedom from human violence. On the reappearance of Red Riding Hood, the pack try to exact revenge for their deceased leader by killing her, but she escapes. Later, Adair is cruelly incinerated to death by the Evil Queen. This causes the wolves to turn against the Queen; with one pack member stating that while Anita died an honorable death due to being killed in combat with Red Riding Hood, Adair's death is unjust. ("Shadow of the Queen")
|Unknown||Granny/Granny||Six uncles †|
|Red Riding Hood/Ruby|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote marriage and romantic relationships that result in offspring
- † denotes the deceased
- The name "Anita" is of Hebrew origin derived from the diminutive form of "Ana" and "Anna" and itself derived from the name "Channah" that means "favour" or "grace".
- Her necklace is a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Wolf Pendant. ("Child of the Moon")
- Her gravestone marker has the same moon dot symbol as Henry's necklace. ("Child of the Moon")
- The original casting call describes her as, "Anita, 45-50, a sexy sorceress who has lived apart from her family due to their fear of her magic. She is extremely protective of others such as herself."
- The press release described her as, "charismatic and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who, like Red, turn out to be wolves."
|Once Upon a Time: Season One|
Is a Lonely
|"Fruit of the|
|Once Upon a Time: Season Two|
|"Broken":||"We Are Both":||"Lady of the Lake":||"The Crocodile":||"The Doctor":||"Tallahassee":||"Child of the Moon":||"Into the Deep":||"Queen of Hearts":||"The Cricket Game":||"The Outsider":|
|"In the Name of the Brother":||"Tiny":||"Manhattan":||"The Queen Is Dead":||"The Miller's Daughter":||"Welcome to Storybrooke":||"Selfless, Brave and True":||"Lacey":||"The Evil Queen":||"Second Star to the Right":||"And Straight On 'Til Morning":|
|Once Upon a Time: Comics|
- Anita is featured in Once Upon a Time's Season One novelization, Reawakened: A Once Upon a Time Tale.
- ↑ http://www.behindthename.com/name/anita
- ↑ http://www.behindthename.com/name/hannah
- ↑ File:207AnitaIsPleased.png
- ↑ https://www.etsy.com/listing/166642527/10-pcs-final-fantasy-vii-advent-children
- ↑ File:207LoseMyFamily.png
- ↑ File:207FindAWayBack.png
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/once-upon-time-episode-207-snippets.html
- ↑ http://abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/102212_13.html